Monday, February 27, 2012

Home Improvements

Nick and I have tackeled some new improvements to the house this winter. Nothing major, but it really seems to make a difference to me.

We finally got blinds in our kitchen. This is something that should have been done long ago. If you have ever joined us for a meal you may have experienced our past dinning situation. If your back was to the window you were heated up to an unbearable temperature to the point of having to take off layers of clothing. I think the afternoon when Nick had to take his shirt off while eating lunch may have been the straw that broke the camel's back:) If you were on the other side of the table you were blinded by the sun and had to shift your chair so as to be able to see what you were eating. Although this did come in handy when trying to get the girls to eat new foods.

Our second change was getting the wood floor in the kitchen refinished. On this one we took the easy, but costly, way out and hired to have it done. I'm enjoying a shiny new looking floor, but I am also much more paranoid about spills and scraches on the floor.

The final addition is a new light above the kitchen table. The old one was a very dated golden fixture. I had never liked it and was happy to see it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment